Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: KISS Cars

  1. #11
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I interviewed Gene Simmons for a TV show I hosted in '94, and the man is so full of himself. You couldn't ask him questions or try to lead a conversation, He starts rambling and you just try to hold the mic close.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member CDNRunaways Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by ellanoize:
    I don't remember the exact year, I think about 75 or 76, I saw Kiss OPEN for ZZ Top. I had never heard of Kiss, But When they came out with lights flashing, blood, spitting flames it was so different from any other band, Then ZZ Top came out and just bounced in unison with their guitars it was a hell of a mismatch concert.

    Kiss and Hotter Than Hell were Great Albums, I still play em once in a while.

    I can't belive some one else is wearing Ace's make-up... That just ain't right.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The first time I heard of, and became interested in, Kiss, was early during the school year, 1975/76. I was in Grade 9. I heard the single "Rock And Roll All Nite" and loved it. I bought the "Alive" lp, and also "Destroyer" when it was released in March 1976. I loved those 2 lp's.

    I remember Kiss played a show near my hometown in early 1976. I wanted to attend, but didn't. Someone told me later that at one point during the show, Ace stuck his head in the amplifier!!!

    Although I preferred the vocals of Gene over Paul, Paul was always my favorite Kiss member. I thought his makeup looked really cool!!!

    I later purchased "Rock And Roll Over" and "Alive 2" but they couldn't hold a candle to the early 2 I purchased, IMO.

    I never purchased the 3 Originals, the solo lp's, or anything else, but always loved "Alive" and "Destroyer".

    I recently purchased Kiss' first 5 releases on cd, as well as others including the Box Set, and love them!! Kiss (especially early Kiss) sound great!!!

    <font color="#000000" size="1">[ July 18, 2005 05:25 PM: Message edited by: CDNRunaways Fan ]</font>

  3. #13
    HB Forum Owner The Lady Belle's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2000
    Posts
    2,933
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had this thing for their album The Elder. I loved the LP but my brother has it now (well it really was his in the first place [img]wink.gif[/img] ) so I went and brought the CD version. Well what a disappointment that was because the CD didnt have all the dialogue in it.

  4. #14
    HB Forum Owner Blazey's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    9,610
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I guess Im showing my age too [img]tongue.gif[/img] I love KISS..always have and always will! I never got to see them in concert but i did have a friend send me the box set and I still play it from time to time. They were fantastic in their day and still are "good" but its time to let it go before the memories fade.. [img]confused.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Mannequin's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The hottest band in the world !

    KISS has always been a part of my life. I've loved them eversince I can remember. Sometimes I wonder what my mom was thinkin when she bought me their albums n' posters, etc... at the age of 4 (up) I remember my twin sister and I taking their posters off our walls before going to bed because we were afraid of them at night - haha !

    My mom even fixed my make-up one Halloween and did her best to dress me up as Ace. I thought I was so cool. There's a pic of it actually and you'd laugh if you saw my mom's pathetic attempt to dress her six year old son up as Ace Frehley.

    It's funny sometimes, the things you remember.

    Mannequin [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •